The International Conference of Contemporary Affairs in Architecture and Urbanism is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards in publishing and adheres to the principles of transparency and excellence in scholarly publishing as set forth by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Registration and Payment Policy:
- All participants must register and pay the required fee before attending the conference.
- Payment must be made online using a secure payment gateway.
- Discounts may be available for early-bird registration or group registration.
- The conference organizers reserve the right to refuse registration or revoke registration if payment is not received or if the participant violates any conference policies.
- All presenters must submit an abstract and a full paper or presentation slides before the deadline.
- Presenters must adhere to the allotted time for their presentation, which will be strictly enforced.
- All presentations must be in English unless prior approval has been granted by the conference organizers.
- Presenters must dress appropriately and professionally for their presentation.
- Presenters should be available for questions and discussion after their presentation.
Publication Policy in the conference full book proceedings:
- All submitted papers will undergo a peer-review process to determine their suitability for publication in the conference proceedings.
- Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and made available to all participants.
- Authors retain the copyright to their paper but grant the conference organizers the right to publish and distribute the paper.
- Papers should not have been previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Plagiarism and self-plagiarism will not be tolerated, and papers found to contain plagiarism or self-plagiarism will be rejected.
- The conference organizers reserve the right to edit papers for grammar, style, and format.
Journal Selection and Publication Policy:
In certain cases, the editors of our conference may choose to select specific articles for publication in their sponsored journals. In such instances, the conference organizers will kindly request authors to withdraw their articles from exclusion in the conference's full book proceedings. This withdrawal will enable authors to pursue the possibility of publication and any necessary revision processes in collaboration with the editors of the selected journal. This policy ensures that valuable research presented at the conference has the opportunity for broader dissemination and potential further development through journal publication.
Review Process Duration: Depending on the quality and complexity of the journal, the peer-review process may take up to one year to ensure a thorough evaluation of submitted manuscripts. Authors should be prepared for potential extended review timelines but can rest assured that this extended period is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of quality and scholarship.
Publication Rights: By submitting your work to this sponsored journal, you grant the journal the right to publish your article if it is accepted. However, authors retain ownership of their work and are free to use it in other publications or venues with appropriate citation and acknowledgment of its prior publication in this journal.
Editorial Discretion: The journal's editorial team reserves the right to make editorial changes, corrections, or revisions to accepted articles for the purpose of enhancing clarity, style, and adherence to journal guidelines. Authors will be consulted regarding substantive changes.
Article Rejection Due to Incapable Revision: In the event that the editors of the journal determine that the authors of a selected article are unable to successfully revise their manuscript to meet the journal's standards for quality and scholarship, or if the article has not been satisfactorily revised within the specified revision period, the editors reserve the right to reject the article. This decision will be made in consideration of the journal's commitment to maintaining high academic standards and ensuring the quality of published content. Authors will be provided with clear guidelines and timelines for revisions, and the decision to reject an article will be communicated with transparency and fairness.
Request for Conference Full Book Proceedings Publication: If the editors of the journal reject an article, the author retains the right to request the publication of their article in the conference's full book proceedings for the same year in which it was initially planned for presentation. The author may make this request within a specified time frame following the journal's rejection decision.
- The conference organizers will consider such requests on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the conference's publication schedule and guidelines.
- The author should communicate their request to the conference organizers promptly and provide all necessary materials and permissions for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
- Publication in the conference proceedings will be subject to the conference's publication policies and guidelines, and the author must adhere to any formatting or presentation requirements.
- Authors should be aware that the availability of this option may depend on the conference's publication schedule, and the decision to include the article in the proceedings is at the discretion of the conference organizers. If it is not feasible to publish the complete paper within the same publication year, the conference will ensure that the authors' article is guaranteed publication in the full book proceedings of the following year free of charge.
Policy on Editorial and Organizational Independence:
The conference adheres to its primary objective, which is the safe and successful organization of the event and the publication of its results in the full book proceedings. In line with this objective, the conference organizers do not play a role in the decisions made by journal editors to select or subsequently reject any article.
Authors are kindly advised not to interfere with the independent selection processes conducted by both journal editors and conference organizers. This includes refraining from direct involvement in the selection of articles for any journals and from attempting to influence the inclusion of their articles directly in the conference's full book proceedings.
This policy underscores the importance of maintaining the autonomy and integrity of the selection processes while allowing both the conference and journals to fulfill their respective missions effectively.
- All conference materials, including papers, presentations, and proceedings, are the property of the conference organizers and protected by copyright laws.
- Participants may not reproduce, distribute, or sell any conference materials without the express written permission of the conference organizers.
- Authors retain the copyright to their own papers, but grant the conference organizers the right to publish and distribute the papers.
- Participants who violate the copyright policy may be subject to legal action.
- Participants who believe that their copyrighted materials have been infringed upon should contact the conference organizers immediately.
- The conference organizers will promptly investigate any claims of copyright infringement and take appropriate action.
- The conference is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all participants.
- Discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristic will not be tolerated.
- All conference activities, including presentations and social events, must be inclusive and accessible to all participants.
- Any instances of discrimination should be immediately reported to the conference organizers.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that all participants can fully participate in conference activities.
- The conference will strive to include a diverse range of participants, presenters, and topics.
Code of Conduct Policy:
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner throughout the conference.
- Harassment, bullying, or any other disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Participants should respect the diversity of opinions and backgrounds of fellow participants.
- Any concerns or incidents should be reported to conference organizers immediately.
- The conference reserves the right to remove any participants who violate the code of conduct.
- All participants are encouraged to create a positive and inclusive environment at the conference.
- The conference will collect and process personal information of participants for the purpose of organizing and running the conference.
- Personal information will only be used for the stated purpose and will not be shared with third parties without explicit consent.
- Participants have the right to access and request correction of their personal information held by the conference.
- The conference will take reasonable measures to protect the privacy and security of personal information.
- Any breaches of privacy will be immediately reported to participants and relevant authorities.
- Participants may opt-out of receiving communications from the conference at any time.
- All submissions to the conference must be original works that have not been previously published or submitted elsewhere.
- Proper citation and referencing of all sources used in the submission is required.
- The conference reserves the right to use plagiarism detection software to scan all submissions.
- Any instances of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the submission and potential consequences for the submitter.
- The conference may also report instances of plagiarism to relevant authorities.
- All participants are responsible for ensuring the originality of their work.
- All research presented at the conference must adhere to relevant ethical guidelines and regulations.
- Any ethical concerns or violations should be reported to the conference organizers immediately.
- Participants should respect the rights and privacy of any human or animal subjects involved in their research.
- Research data should be presented truthfully and accurately.
- Participants should disclose any potential conflicts of interest related to their research.
- The conference reserves the right to reject any submissions that do not adhere to ethical guidelines.
Participants may cancel their registration for the conference according to the following terms:
- Up to two months before the conference start date, participants are eligible for a full refund of their registration fee.
- From 60 days to 30 days before the conference start date, participants may receive a 50% refund of the registration fee. Please note that all transaction costs associated with the refund will be deducted from the canceler's refund balance.
- Less than 30 days before the conference start date, no refunds will be issued, and the registration fee will not be refunded.
In the event that the conference is canceled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances or events beyond our control:
- Participants will be provided with as much notice as possible regarding the cancellation or postponement.
- Options for refunds or credits towards future events will be offered to registered participants.
Please be aware that the conference will not be responsible for any costs or losses incurred by participants due to cancellation or postponement.
Any changes to the cancellation policy will be communicated to participants in a timely manner.
- Cancellation requests must be made in writing and received by the conference organizers before the deadline.
- A cancellation fee may apply, which will be deducted from the registration fee refund.
- In the event of unforeseeable circumstances, such as natural disasters or travel restrictions, the conference organizers may cancel the conference and issue a full refund to all registered participants.
- The conference organizers are not responsible for any travel or accommodation expenses incurred by participants in the event of cancellation.
- The conference organizers reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any session or presentation.
Data Protection Policy:
- All personal data collected during the conference registration and submission process will be handled in accordance with relevant data protection regulations.
- Access to personal data will be limited to authorized personnel only.
- Any personal data collected will be used solely for the purpose of the conference and will not be shared with any third parties.
- All personal data will be securely stored and destroyed in a timely manner after the conference.
- Sponsorship will be accepted only from organizations that align with the conference's goals and values.
- Any sponsored content or events will be clearly labeled as such.
- The conference will not endorse or promote any specific product or service as a result of sponsorship.
Author Responsibility for Monitoring and Reporting
Authors are responsible for regularly monitoring updates on the conference website. In the event that authors identify any issues relevant to their submitted articles, such as missing full papers in the conference proceedings, Missing their abstract from abstract book proceedings, certificate updates, or modifications to the conference program, it is their responsibility to promptly inform the conference organizers to facilitate the resolution of such issues. This collaborative effort ensures the integrity and smooth execution of the conference proceedings and enhances the overall conference experience for all participants.
If an author's article was inadvertently omitted from the conference proceedings book due to misunderstandings with the organizing committee, and the authors did not actively track the status of their article, the organizing committee will assume responsibility for transferring and publishing the missing article in the forthcoming conference's full proceedings book. This arrangement will be confirmed through a written letter to the organizing committee.
Conflict of Interest Policy:
- All organizers, committee members, and presenters are required to disclose any conflicts of interest that may arise in relation to the conference.
- Any potential conflicts of interest will be evaluated and addressed by the conference organizers to ensure the integrity of the conference.
Intellectual Property Policy:
- All intellectual property rights of the conference, including presentations and publications, will be retained by the authors or presenters.
- The conference will not claim ownership of any intellectual property presented or published during the conference.
- Any unauthorized use of intellectual property presented or published during the conference will be prohibited and enforced.
Social Media Policy:
- Attendees are encouraged to share their conference experiences on social media, but are expected to do so in a respectful and professional manner.
- The conference reserves the right to remove any social media content deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- Any social media content posted by attendees should not contain confidential information or infringe on the intellectual property rights of others.
- Attendees should not engage in harassment or bullying on social media platforms in relation to the conference.
Display and Exhibits Policy:
- Exhibitors are required to comply with all relevant laws, rules, and regulations regarding safety, fire codes, and other building requirements.
- Exhibitors must obtain permission before displaying any materials that contain copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected material.
- Exhibitors are responsible for any damages caused to the exhibition space and/or other exhibitors' displays during the conference.
- The conference organizers reserve the right to remove any exhibit or display that violates conference policies or disrupts the flow of the conference.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to provide interactive and engaging displays that contribute to the overall conference experience.
- The conference organizers may provide guidelines for the size, design, and placement of displays to ensure a consistent and professional look for the exhibition area.
Poster Presentation Policy:
- Poster presenters are required to submit a final version of their poster to the conference organizers prior to the conference for approval.
- Poster presenters must be present at their poster during designated poster sessions to answer questions and engage with conference attendees.
- Posters must be presented in a professional and visually appealing manner and should be easy to read from a distance.
- Poster presenters are responsible for removing their poster at the end of the conference and leaving the exhibition space in the same condition as they found it.
- The conference organizer w provide guidelines for the size, format, and content of posters to ensure consistency and quality across all posters.
- The conference organizers may provide materials and tools for poster presenters, such as easels, push pins, and printing services, for an additional fee.
Oral Presentation Policy:
- Oral presenters are required to submit a final version of their presentation to the conference organizers prior to the conference for approval.
- Oral presenters are expected to adhere to the designated time limit for their presentation and allow time for questions from the audience.
- Presenters must use professional language and avoid offensive or discriminatory language or behavior during their presentation.
- The conference organizers may provide guidelines for the format and content of presentations to ensure consistency and quality across all presentations.
- Presenters are encouraged to use visual aids and other interactive elements to engage with the audience and enhance their presentation.
- The conference organizers may provide technical equipment and support, such as microphones and projectors, for oral presentations for an additional fee.
Video Presentation Policy:
- Video presenters are required to submit a final version of their video to the conference organizers prior to the conference for approval.
- Video presenters are expected to adhere to the designated time limit for their video and allow time for questions from the audience.
- Videos must use professional language and avoid offensive or discriminatory language or behavior.
- The conference organizers may provide guidelines for the format and content of videos to ensure consistency and quality across all videos.
- Video presenters are encouraged to use visual aids and other interactive elements to engage with the audience and enhance their video.
- The conference organizers may provide technical equipment and support, such as screens and projectors, for video presentations for an additional fee.
- Questions from the audience should be relevant to the presentation and respectful in nature.
- The session chair will moderate the Q&A session and may limit the number and length of questions to ensure that all attendees have a chance to participate.
- Presenters should be prepared to answer questions and engage with the audience during the Q&A session.
- The conference organizers may provide guidelines for the format and content of the Q&A session to ensure consistency and quality across all sessions.
- Questions and answers may be recorded and/or streamed online with the presenter's consent.
Speaker Selection Policy:
- The conference will aim for a diverse range of speakers from different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Speakers will be selected based on the relevance and quality of their research.
- Priority will be given to speakers who have not presented at previous conferences.
- All potential speakers will be required to submit an abstract of their proposed presentation.
- The conference committee will make the final decision on speaker selection.
- The conference committee will notify all speakers of their acceptance or rejection in a timely manner.
Peer Review Policy:
- All submitted papers will undergo a double-blind peer review process.
- Reviewers will be selected based on their expertise in the relevant field.
- Reviewers will be required to disclose any conflicts of interest before reviewing a paper.
- Reviewers will be asked to evaluate the paper based on its originality, clarity, relevance, and significance.
- The conference committee will make the final decision on paper acceptance based on the reviewers' feedback.
- The review process will be conducted in a timely and confidential manner.
- The conference committee reserves the right to retract any published paper that is found to have violated the conference's publication ethics policy.
- Retractions will be issued promptly once the committee becomes aware of the violation.
- The author(s) of the retracted paper will be informed of the decision and the reason for the retraction.
- The conference committee will make a public announcement of the retraction and the reason for it.
- In cases where a retraction is deemed necessary, the conference committee will also review the author(s)'s future submissions with greater scrutiny.
- The conference committee will take appropriate steps to prevent future violations of the publication ethics policy.
Publication Ethics Policy:
- All authors will be required to adhere to the highest standards of publication ethics.
- Authors will be required to submit original work that has not been published elsewhere.
- Authors will be required to disclose any conflicts of interest.
- Plagiarism and data fabrication will not be tolerated.
- All authors will be required to sign a statement of originality and publication ethics.
- The conference committee will investigate any allegations of ethical violations and take appropriate action.
Open Access Policy:
- All conference papers will be published in an open access format.
- Conference organizers will provide a license to conference attendees that will allow them to freely share their work.
- Conference organizers will make sure that all conference proceedings are deposited in an open access repository or archive.
- Conference organizers will not charge authors or attendees for access to conference proceedings.
- Conference organizers will encourage the use of open source software in all conference presentations and workshops.
- Conference organizers will promote open access publishing as a standard practice in the field.
- All personal data collected during the conference registration process will be treated as confidential.
- Conference organizers will obtain consent from attendees for the collection, use, and storage of their personal data.
- Conference organizers will take all necessary measures to ensure that personal data is securely stored and only accessible by authorized personnel.
- Conference organizers will not share personal data with third parties without the express consent of the data subject.
- Conference organizers will provide attendees with the option to request the deletion of their personal data at any time.
Data Management Policy:
- Conference organizers will ensure that all research data presented at the conference is managed in accordance with best practices in the field.
- Conference organizers will encourage attendees to share their research data with other researchers in the field.
- Conference organizers will provide guidelines on data management and encourage the use of data repositories.
- Conference organizers will ensure that all research data is securely stored and accessible only by authorized personnel.
- Conference organizers will encourage the use of open data standards to ensure the interoperability of research data.
- Conference organizers will provide training and resources to help attendees manage their research data effectively.
Ethics and Compliance Policy:
- Conference organizers will adhere to all applicable laws and regulations related to the organization of the conference.
- Conference organizers will ensure that all conference activities are conducted in an ethical and professional manner.
- Conference organizers will provide guidelines on ethical conduct and encourage attendees to adhere to them.
- Conference organizers will have a process in place for addressing and resolving ethical concerns or complaints.
- Conference organizers will ensure that all attendees are aware of the conference's compliance policies and procedures.
- Conference organizers will regularly review and update their ethics and compliance policies to ensure they remain up-to-date with the latest legal and ethical requirements.